- At home in the Catskills with Best Made Co.’s founder. [Wall Street Journal]
- Bloomberg MADE: an entire series of stories devoted to craft. [Bloomberg]
- Big Sur the beautiful. [Cereal]
- Have we hit peak menswear? The New Yorker reports. [New Yorker]
- New York’s coolest old diners. [Eater]
- LBJ’s 1964 Poverty Tour of the Appalachian states. [YouTube via The Guardian] [Pictured]
Comments on “SIGNALS”
Peter Buchanan-Smith from Best Made is a great guy. I met him recently at a talk he gave on axe restoration and he’s so down to earth and more than happy to talk shop. I’m looking forward to meeting up with him again in NYC next year!
As usual, great Signals, Michael.
“essentially, donâ€™t dress like a bro”
“todayâ€™s profusion of colorful menswear is infinitely superior to the barren landscape that existed just a decade ago”
“in the late nineties and early aughts, straight-white-male identity was more rigid and unreflective”
I don’t recognise any of that, certainly not in London, if for nothing else the mod>casual>acid house continuum was still in full force.
Maybe it’s a case of Joshua hitting Peak Menswear Journalism, or even a lesson in the internet not always holding the answer?
Comments are closed.