- Rolex is bringing Tudor back to the United States. [Hodinkee]
- Steven Alan’s rules of style. [DETAILS]
- Wonderfully insane steady-cam technology. [Gizmodo]
- In praise of the NYC bodega breakfast sandwich. [Bon Appetit]
- W.H. Murphy & associate demonstrating a bulletproof vest c.1923 [Reddit via Its Tactical] [Pictured]
– Shameless plugs: follow ACL on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram–
Comments on “SIGNALS”
The ubiquity of the Bacon Egg and Cheese sandwich in NYC and its environs is astounding. Sadly it’s not the same everywhere. In Boston, where I’ve lived off and on for eight years, I’ve been able to find precisely one place that makes a passable version. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve ordered an egg sandwich in the greater Boston area only to have the guy crack an egg into a bowl and cook it in a microwave. I didn’t get to see the origin of the bacon, but I’m sure that it was probably pre-cooked Oscar Meyer and heated up in the dude’s crotch. Just like the city of Boston itself, the egg sandwiches there are complete failures.
We Bostonians have voted, and you are hereby invited to move back to NYC to dine upon its ubiquitous fare. We shall not miss you.
Comments are closed.