- Design, manufacture and installation of the Piccadilly Circus Coca-Cola sign c.1954 [Creative Review] [Pictured]
- Jack Kerouac’s On the Road has been released as a pretty amazing iPad app [iTMS via L.A. Times]
- Fun fact: Louis Vuitton owns two factories in California. [The Wall Street Journal]
- Bon AppÃ©tit has a little product round-up of coolers, which I will use only for beer [Bon AppÃ©tit]
- The perfect 1949 summer vacation to Canada’s Malibu Club [LIFE]
– Shameless plugs: follow ACL on Twitter and Facebook. –
Comments on “SIGNALS”
I’ve been to Malibu Club in Canada. It is still operating and still just as beautiful. Young Life bought it and they host teens from all over for a week. What you cannot tell from the images is that there is no road to the camp. A three-hour cruise ride will take you there on their own private line. Along which you will see the clearest streams in the world, wild bears, bald eagles and forests that look like they belong in the ewok adventures…
Sign under erection heh heh heh heh heh.
A fantastic article on the digitization of On the Road. It’s amazing to have seen the original scroll on display at the NYPL and the evolution of publishing to what we have now.
Comments are closed.