Skip to content
- Amsterdam’s Tenue de NÃ®mes discuss Nigel Cabourn’s SS10 collection with the man himself [Tenue de NÃ®mes] [Pictured]
- Men’s Journal goes winter camping retro-style in the spirit of Minnesota outdoorsman Calvin Rutstrum [Men’s Journal]
- Raleigh 3-speeds and USA made Levi’s LVC – I might have to move to Nashville just to patron that place [Imogene + Willie]
- Speaking of MN, Complex went to visit Red Wing shoes. Check it out. [Complex]
- Get to know American Whiskey (twist my rubber arm) [GQ]
More than 10,000 ACL readers receive the weekly newsletter.
Comments on “SIGNALS”
gosh, nigel cabourn is amazing. he’s so passionate about what he does. i love it.
Thanks for the heads up on the camping article. Tradtional winter camping’s popularity has been making slow, but steady progress over the past decade or more. Minnesota and Wisconsin have numerous small firms turning out gear and clothing, several of which were mentioned in the article. Traditional gear is heavier, but a lot more comfortable, especially once in camp at the end of a day. My own kit is a mixed bag of old and new, eventually I’ll go all the way. The modern bible of this is The Snow Walkers Companion.
The MJ camping article was excellent. I looked up “Empire Canvas Works” referenced in the article and they have some unbelievable looking gear (I’m digging the coats big time!). http://www.empirecanvasworks.com
This inspired the hell out of me.
Thanks Mr. Williams for making us aware of this Nigel Cabourn interview. Really enjoyed
listening to him speak so passionately about his garments. More brands should be fronted
with a man of this caliber. Down right admirable.
Comments are closed.