ACL Kodachromes Part XI

It has been some time since I posted new Kodachrome images from the growing ACL collection. This is due in part to the process taking a very long time from start to finish. The lull is partly because I haven’t found any slides worth buying recently. This batch centers mostly on a family trip around Colorado (the truck there says Hartsel, Colorado) and through to the Hoover dam (not pictured). It is amazing to me how many similar photos people of this era took. The only thing missing from this set (that has been present in all previous sets) is a image of someone fishing. Regardless, this whole set of slides was worth it just to get the above image. Beautiful Americana right there.

Comments on “ACL Kodachromes Part XI

alexon July 5, 2011 @ 9:24 AM:

bright colors and nice view back into time.

Speedmasteron July 5, 2011 @ 10:03 AM:

Love this retro stuff.

Kebon July 5, 2011 @ 10:26 AM:

I can’t believe how clean it looks. Today you can’t hardly find a highway in the US which isn’t littered with Big Gulp cups, etc.

Andrewon July 5, 2011 @ 12:26 PM:

The cleanliness is due to the remote location of these photos- busier areas are a different story, and it wasn’t uncommon (or illegal, or even frowned upon) to see people throwing their McDonald’s bags out the window during a drive.

egonon July 5, 2011 @ 12:39 PM:

I just love your growing collection of kodachrome slides. Between these and your new Fuji I’m always looking forward to your next updates.

Just a beautiful mix of art, sophistication, a little bit of kitsch, and cultural wherewithal. Thanks again!

Kevinon July 6, 2011 @ 12:35 AM:

I have about 50,000 (no, not exaggerating) slides in my garage, mostly Kodachrome, normally from my dad’s contax rangefinder, or his Contaflex SLR, and many glass square format from a rollei and hassleblad. My mother and father were advanced what we call, “prosumers” these days. They have been dead for about 12 years now, and I really should sit down on a bunch of winter days, and catalog them. Pics are mostly from the early 50’s to mid 60’s.

Paula Millerson July 6, 2011 @ 2:05 AM:

love this retro photo collection XD
    cool !

Reid Farmeron July 7, 2011 @ 6:24 PM:

I recognize some of these locations. Pictures 2,4, and 9 were taken at El Morro National Monument in New Mexico. Picture 11 was taken at Capulin Volcano National Monument also in New Mexico.

John Thompsonon July 13, 2011 @ 6:46 PM:

Hello, how do you develop the old slides?

Michael Williamson July 13, 2011 @ 9:13 PM:

I send them to be scanned at Scan Cafe.