Fear Not…

Fall is coming, I assure you. With fall comes college football; and with college football comes happiness. Oh, and for me, college football also comes with beer and Barbour coats. Those are all beautiful things — especially when combined.

It is during this time every year that I am again inspired by the great Ohioian Woody Hayes to stay humble.

Comments on “Fear Not…

Finnon August 21, 2010 @ 12:51 PM:

My Buckeye heart swells with pride! Thanks for the great blog!

vanderleunon August 21, 2010 @ 1:13 PM:

What an outstanding man.

Joshua Workson August 21, 2010 @ 1:22 PM:

Where can I get those aluminum glasses?

Sean Sculleyon August 21, 2010 @ 3:27 PM:

Yes, what an outstanding Man and All American.
    And Yes, stay humble.

Peteron August 21, 2010 @ 4:17 PM:

The Ohio State Puncher

Foopon August 21, 2010 @ 4:56 PM:

You haven’t seen football until you’ve seen football in the state of Alabama. Go visit down south again. I’m originally from there. The way I’ve described it to people here in Portland, Or is, “The only thing that bigger than jesus down there is college football.”

Michael Williamson August 21, 2010 @ 4:58 PM:
    Benon August 21, 2010 @ 8:29 PM:

Go Bucks!

Although I do see an over proliferation of Michigan shirts on the streets on NY….

Much as I love em, I have a joke for you:

What do Ohio State and marijuana have in common?

They both get smoked in bowls.

Sir Roger DeLodgerleyon August 21, 2010 @ 9:52 PM:

Subsitute rugby for college football and you’ve pretty much got my autumn sussed. Good work fellah.

jbjoneson August 22, 2010 @ 8:09 AM:

woke up in new jersey to a 64 degree morning yesterday and felt as though i had finally woken from my hibernation. summer is for women and children. men thrive in autumn.

if i recall correctly, there is no autumn in southern california.

aDiamondon August 22, 2010 @ 8:17 PM:

It was below 80 in Columbus today and leaves were actually falling. I drove past the Horseshoe and got that choked up feeling thinking about watching the Best Damn ramp entrance in the land. It helped that 315 is no longer overrun with orange cones.

Haloon August 22, 2010 @ 9:30 PM:

Once they don’t make the Rose Bowl. That state can fall off the map for sports. Thank You Lebron.

jasonon August 23, 2010 @ 12:29 AM:

Matton August 23, 2010 @ 11:41 AM:

Thought you may find this interesting, although you may have already seen it. Great story about Woody Hayes’ funeral:

AW Richardsonon August 23, 2010 @ 2:27 PM:

The videos of Woody Hayes and the story about his funeral are incredible.

mistermidwesteron August 23, 2010 @ 3:25 PM:

I’m just a bit of a college football fan, so my insides are all giddy about this time of the year knowing that it’s just around the corner.

It also happens to coincide with the weather patterns that bring out a majority of my favorite pieces from my wardrobe.

oaklandrosieon August 24, 2010 @ 6:34 PM:

Let me get this out of the way. I’m a Michigan fan. I grew up outside Ann Arbor, went to Michigan and am probably one of those people you hate more than anything. I mean, GO BLUE!

But, that video of the man, Mr. Woody Hayes, was *awesome*. Even though I grew up in a Michigan house, my dad was from Ohio, and he loved Woody so much that he had an autographed photo of him on display in the living room. A shrine. We were taught to respect that man. I know, what a strange household, huh? LOL. Woody Hayes was simply one of the greatest.

Thanks for the video. Really made me smile. Oh, and enjoy the greatness that is fall in America! College Football Time!

JMNon August 24, 2010 @ 10:43 PM:

Woody Hayes slugged an opposing player, was fired for it, and never apologized. Where is the inspiration in that?

jmmon August 26, 2010 @ 9:57 PM:

What do you do to get an Ohio State grad off your porch?

Pay him for the pizza.