U.S. Military Tee Shirts from Kentucky

Made to exact U.S. military spec, the Campbellsville Apparel Company sells the same tees that our boys are wearing out in the field to the general public. $9 gets you a 3-pack of the 100% Combed Cotton and $12 gets you a set of the moisture wicking polyester model (which is slightly too mock-necky for all but the most necessary situations.) Respect to our friends from Cold Splinters for digging this one up. Everything is made — per Berry requirements — right in Kentucky. Get some. [Campbellsville Apparel Company]

Comments on “U.S. Military Tee Shirts from Kentucky

Nick Gillon July 27, 2010 @ 3:09 AM:

Cold Splinters needs to learn about focal length.
    Not so keen on the contemporary war machine aesthetic.

Faustoon July 27, 2010 @ 3:27 AM:

I have some of these from my time in the Air Force. 5 years later the shirts are perfectly intact, well worn and better than ever.

HolThaDoon July 27, 2010 @ 3:39 AM:

are these loopwheel or . . . whatever you call a t-shirt with a seam?

Jordanon July 27, 2010 @ 4:09 AM:

These have been my favorite T-shirts since I wore them when I was in the Civil Air Patrol cadet program. I still have them, and they are the best-fitting T-shirts I own.

Jordanon July 27, 2010 @ 4:13 AM:

@HolThaDo The polyester ones don’t have a seam. I don’t know about the cotton.

anothergloriousbattleon July 27, 2010 @ 5:06 AM:

I have the crew neck brown US Navy undershirt(woodland/seal team),QTR sleeve in 100 percent combed cotton, in a size small. Actually works well tucked in. The USMC olive green combat BDU t shirt is also a pretty good fitting t shirt, but my asolute favourite has to be my US Navy seal team NWU dark blue combat t shirt, made in Kentucky by Campbellsville Apparel Company and 100 percent combed cotton, just like Hanes t shirts(50s,60s era).

Pete LaVerghettaon July 27, 2010 @ 6:33 AM:

Yeah, these are the real deal. I am Defense Supply Center Philadelphia and I would know. Those are collector’s items as we are re-branding and becoming DLA Troop Support Center.

Patrickon July 27, 2010 @ 8:40 AM:

Maybe I just got a bad batch, but I have a set of navy blue tees for the new NWU from Campbellsville and the neck is oddly-shapped and the cloth isn’t very comfortable. My other set is from Soffe and they’re much more comfortable.

kiyaon July 27, 2010 @ 11:40 AM:

I have a pack of these, the quality isn’t actually very good and the cut of the neck opening is a bit odd.

steveon July 27, 2010 @ 12:45 PM:

great photos! i guess since they’re polaroids its ok.

Faustoon July 27, 2010 @ 2:03 PM:

The Soffe brand shirts are great too

Ryanon July 27, 2010 @ 6:42 PM:

Shipping is kind of steep. For a 3 pack of shirts and a 3 pack of briefs, shipping was $11 to San Francisco.

Anyone have a feel for the sizing? Similar to Hanes or Fruit of the Loom undershirts? For some reason I bet these run big.

Jordanon July 28, 2010 @ 1:18 AM:

Mine fit pretty true to size. I wear a medium T-shirt and they fit well, but maybe are a tad long. However, the sleeves are short overall, and the neck is snugger than most T-shirts, but those are plusses in my taste.

Maxon July 28, 2010 @ 1:21 AM:

Spot-on. Moisture wicking ones are way too mock-nockey. Might be because the brown t-shirts worn with BDU’s would have necks stretch really badly after a while– older guys really hairy chests showing and what not. May or may not be why they changed to the tighter neck when the army-wide change to ACU’s took place.

Shaun Pantaleonon July 28, 2010 @ 1:55 AM:

Soffe brand skivvie shirts were the “jump-off”. Although I loved, used and abused em’; they’re now stowed away along with the rest of the gear. (U.ncle S.am’s M.isguided C.hildren)

Lewon July 29, 2010 @ 7:01 PM:

They are really comfortable the first wear or two, but once you get a bit of sweat and a few washes on them the necks stretch and they aren’t much fun. I work clothing issue at my base and I constantly have people asking for more because of the wear on their current stash.