ACL Endorses | Perfecto Brand by Schott NYC

The people at Schott NYC have something nice and new coming for Spring ’11 — a little off-shoot collection of outerwear called Perfecto Brand by Schott NYC. The new goods were designed by none other than Mr. Greg Chapman, who seems to have given up Britain for the New World (at least for the time being). And not to worry Greg, if you keep designing clothes as nice as these we’ll let you stay. The initial line includes several shapes and materials, everything from the pictured Cone Mills selvedge pea coat and duffel, a rip-stop nylon parka and a small selection of leathers (a nod the the Perfecto heritage no doubt). Prices range from $400 to $1000 — everything made at the Schott NYC factory in Elizabeth, New Jersey. We’re getting an early look at this stuff, so you will have to wait until next January before you can add any of these to your closet.

Comments on “ACL Endorses | Perfecto Brand by Schott NYC

Brian Davison July 19, 2010 @ 12:11 AM:

That nylon parka is spot on. Can’t wait ’til fall!

Wilkeson July 19, 2010 @ 12:37 AM:

clicked the link and thought I had been redirected to a Mister Freedom post.

Noahon July 19, 2010 @ 1:31 AM:

The denim pea coat and duffle coat might not be my style, but everything else looks great!

Shaun Pantaleonon July 19, 2010 @ 2:18 AM:

Although Schott Bros. had its humbling beginnings in the NYC. Since its longstanding work history in NEW JERSEY, it should rightfully and personally be be labeled as Schott Bros. NJ. Ahah, NJ ALL DAY ! MC, I look forward to running into you at the factory this coming December if you know dig what I’m putting down…

Ramalhonion July 19, 2010 @ 5:57 AM:

loved the selvedge denim pea coat, and the tan one on the last pic … really beautiful

unitedstyleon July 19, 2010 @ 11:09 AM:

Those suede numbers look sharp.

Tintinon July 19, 2010 @ 11:14 AM:

I’m not sure I get the ‘Birdman of Alcatraz’ vibe in that denim.

iconnicoon July 19, 2010 @ 2:04 PM:

Those jackets look fun.

Daveon July 19, 2010 @ 4:00 PM:

Wow. Outstanding. Badly want that suede bomber. And I could see adding just about any of it to my wardrobe.

Anyone out there own a Schott Perfecto motorcycle jacket? I have an old Harley one that looks pretty close, but it’s no Perfecto. Been thinking of upgrading.

Tony Sylvesteron July 19, 2010 @ 5:57 PM:

Good work Greg! He’s one of the good guys. Now let’s hope there’s an XL or an XXL that fits me…

Jasonon July 20, 2010 @ 8:32 AM:

Love how negative comments on the collaboration are vetted and censored. This is nothing we haven’t seen before… nylon parka’s aight but the rest is rehashed or half baked.

Michael Williamson July 20, 2010 @ 10:10 AM:

Jason — not true. But if you read to comment policy, I reserve the right to delete comments of crazy people.

Brianon July 20, 2010 @ 11:20 AM:

Man, this stuff looks like it would have been the butt of jokes on Seinfeld. Pretty disappointing.

samon July 20, 2010 @ 11:25 AM:

parka. all day.

Duke Pukeon July 20, 2010 @ 1:07 PM:

Wish they would have dumped the ribbing and extended the suede jacket a bit; vintage car club coats are way underrated.

Mountain Parka looks like some late 80’s woolrich stuff you’d find by the pound at thrift town. Way past it’s prime.

Denim pieces are interesting, but honestly you can get the Mister Freedom denim peacoat for a little over 500, see no reason to go with the Schott.

Cary Randolphon July 20, 2010 @ 2:29 PM:

Any offerings for the ladies?

nickon July 20, 2010 @ 4:25 PM:

Cary – it is your job to report on offerings for the ladies…

Caryon July 20, 2010 @ 4:49 PM:

Nick, I am working on it.

mbrokeron July 20, 2010 @ 8:48 PM:

Saw the collection at (capsule), great stuff, looking forward seeing them at my favorite retailers

l carrolon July 21, 2010 @ 12:11 AM:

Schott has been making P coats for over 60 years, why the hell wouldn’t they make a denim P Coat? Duke Puke do your homework!

Jenniferon July 21, 2010 @ 11:14 AM:

I love this Schott family comment thread! Big Tony- The sizes are XS-XXL. Cary- Yes! There will be a waxwear waxed cotton Perfecto for the ladies, you may need to expand your collection. Nick- I’m looking forward to seeing that report…and your modeling career take off. Michael- Rock on and I want a buscuit.

Oliveron July 21, 2010 @ 7:50 PM:

@Dave: I just picked up that motorcycle jacket last weekend. It’s dope, but the leather is EXTREMELY stiff. It’s made from horse leather which is a bit more durable, and seems thicker than the standard cow leather. I was torn between that and the Vanson, but for less than $200 more, this was just too special to pass up.

victor paredeson July 21, 2010 @ 11:48 PM:

Each individual piece is cool.

neilon July 22, 2010 @ 10:24 AM:

Saw these at capsule, really well made. Solid lineup.

all dressed upon July 23, 2010 @ 9:07 AM:

Like. raw denim is sexy!

BruCEon July 23, 2010 @ 9:33 AM:

These aren’t special at all, i don’t see anything here that i would want to wear except for on halloween. Schott should just stick to the old school classics.

Joe Shmoon July 29, 2010 @ 3:48 PM:

That jacket looks very familiar to Cockpit USA’s denim peacoats they put out this spring.

Goldwateron July 30, 2010 @ 11:29 AM:

The peacoat is a copy of the Mr. Freedom denim peacoat. I know Schott has been making peacoats for many years, but Mr. Freedom made the denim version first.

xxlon August 4, 2010 @ 12:58 AM:

Nice. But very Mr. Freedom.

joon August 4, 2010 @ 8:34 AM:

I have seen many denim P coat over time, i own one from Paul Smit from around 15 years ago, i have also seen many vintge from the 60’s, so i don’t really think Mr Feedom ws the first denim P Coat maker, Personally i like the Schott one!

leslieon August 4, 2010 @ 1:29 PM:

Love the line! Every piece is so classic-but with the right mix of contemporary punch to make for an effortlessly cool look. Can’t wait to rock the waxed cotton perfecto!

Leopold Stotchon August 17, 2010 @ 5:18 PM:

Greg Chapman is a certified garment badass, I’ve known him for years (though we’ve been out of touch as of late). He’s got an uncanny sense for what’s next as well as having an almost autistic knowledge of the fashion industry in general.
    On a side note I would singlehandely credit him for the Converse Chuck trend from a few years back (which he started pushing around the late 90s).