Wants & Desires | Metal Top Table

Over the past few months I have been on a mission to find a conference table for my office. Actually, I have been looking for two tables. I ended up buying a butcher block table on industrial legs from a lathe which looks really nice with my Toledo drafting chairs. For the second table I bought two industrial packing tables (complete with particle board tops and shop stools) from the shipping supply company Uline for $349 each. Pretty amazing deal when you think about.

My whole office set-up looks and works very nice, but when I was poking around the Connecticut antiques shop Get Back Inc’s website I found what could have been a seriously amazing addition in this metal top school table.

Not even sure of the price of the table, as it is not listed on the website, but considering how nice everything at Get Back Inc is I’m sure it is not “cheap.” Price considerations aside, the shop does however look amazing. I’m going to have to make a detour and stop by when I head up to Brimfield next month and check it out. I guess it is a good thing I am not in the market anymore. But if I happen to fall into some money, I might have to pick this bad boy up. Unless one of you does first.

Comments on “Wants & Desires | Metal Top Table

Andrewon April 14, 2010 @ 12:56 PM:

$8,600 for the table.

Michael Williamson April 14, 2010 @ 1:03 PM:

That’s it? Thanks Andrew

Timon April 14, 2010 @ 2:20 PM:

lol @ that’s it?

Michaelon April 14, 2010 @ 2:21 PM:

Amazing table! There is something about spectacular tables that make you dream about the conversations you can have sitting at them with a good group of people. I am not sure I could pay 8.6 for a table though, no matter how much money I fell upon.

Michael Williamson April 14, 2010 @ 2:38 PM:

I’m not sure I would pay 8600 either — ever. Unless I had stupid money. If anything, it is just inspiration.

Allanon April 14, 2010 @ 2:47 PM:

If you like that kind of thing, and you’re in LA (your previous post says you’re on your way?) you should check out Cleveland Art. They’ve got great industrial stuff and a fantastic space downtown next to the Biscuit Lofts. Check them out. ww.clevelandart.com I have a couple of shelves, carts in my place and for the past year or so been noticing their stuff in some of the cool, boutiques and restaurants around town: Guild on Abbott Kinney, Gjelina also on AK. Big Daddy’s is also cool. That’s south of downtown.

Michael Williamson April 14, 2010 @ 2:53 PM:
    adam son April 14, 2010 @ 2:56 PM:

I love the butcher block table! Where did you such a find? Did it come with those legs, or did you install those separately? I’m dying to find the exact same table for my studio.

Thornproofon April 14, 2010 @ 3:11 PM:

Have to show this to the wife … maybe I could convince her to drop some money on it! While it is a lot, tables like this will last forever … the only problem being that with the stools, some of my friends could end up in the floor after a couple of drinks.

Kirk Brayon April 14, 2010 @ 3:20 PM:

I’m in love with an inanimate object…I fell hard.

Allanon April 14, 2010 @ 3:25 PM:

Kolbyon April 14, 2010 @ 4:05 PM:

I will make you one for half of that. Deal?

K.A. Adamson April 15, 2010 @ 10:14 AM:

Regarding the price, One has to think of it as a table and 8 chairs.

I like how the chairs fold or swivel into or under the table

doaneon April 15, 2010 @ 4:59 PM:

This is amazing. I love how all the chairs “sprout” from a single branch.

Nikkion April 15, 2010 @ 5:01 PM:

There were two vendors selling exact replicas of this table at Brimfield last year. (I think they were both on the Heart of the Mart field.) Maybe they’ll be back?? Good luck!

kiyaon April 15, 2010 @ 5:05 PM:

One of my favorite pizzerias is in London and is called Pizza East, the entire dining room’s communal tables are made up of this identical table placed side by side.
    Amazing food and really original interior design.

mcon April 15, 2010 @ 6:36 PM:

You could get one made in China or Guam.

Aron @ hitherandthitheron April 15, 2010 @ 10:59 PM:

You’ve likely been to rehab vintage (Sonrisa) right? We used to live right around the corner from the shop–its got some amazing stuff.
    Funny thing though, while we didn’t have the $ for a sonrisa desk (really more like $,$$$) we found a desk just like it at out of the closet and restored it ourselves for $45. Sadly, it couldn’t come to New York with us.

Brianon April 19, 2010 @ 1:47 PM:

I guessed $5,000, but I live in Chicago. Add the 50% coastal markup and my guess is almost there. It’s such a cool piece.