Comments on “The Vintage Showroom

Kimon February 11, 2010 @ 8:35 AM:

Beautiful. Your film is an elegant little symphony of beautifully coordinated clothing with an understated but perfectly lovely jazz backdrop. Punctuated with the sound of muffled yet well-defined footsteps–I think you and the store owner have created a miniature masterpiece.

Pelleon February 11, 2010 @ 9:04 AM:

drooling over that stuff….

Jeremiah Simmonson February 11, 2010 @ 9:06 AM:

$ # I T… nice stuff

sidon February 11, 2010 @ 9:15 AM:

what are you babbling on about kim, i hope you are being ironic

Pennon February 11, 2010 @ 9:17 AM:

I was just about to say the same thing. I hope Kim is merely making a joke.

Matton February 11, 2010 @ 10:42 AM:

Looks like my house….just kidding…not really…

Bretton February 11, 2010 @ 11:31 AM:

easy now boys…

Jamieon February 11, 2010 @ 1:27 PM:

Nice one Dougy!

Thadon February 11, 2010 @ 5:36 PM:

Glad to see that College Scarfs are getting some play on ACL! I have a couple from my Oxford College and they are great accessories … plus, for those in the know, they give a great insight into people’s history.

jonathanon February 11, 2010 @ 6:38 PM:

ive met doug a few times now. still need to get myself down to the showroom. it looks powerful. i will continue to give them my hard earned money until i officially own everything!!

samon February 11, 2010 @ 9:37 PM:

god, i miss a vintage shop where the owner picks over every piece…nyc needs a place like this today.

aTreasuryOfon February 12, 2010 @ 8:59 AM:

I don’t think I could’ve trusted myself alone with all that stuff while the owner was out to fetch me tea.

What’d you nab?

JLeeon February 12, 2010 @ 1:20 PM:

Looks a lot like mr freedom in LA.

chazon February 12, 2010 @ 3:40 PM:

Vintage places like that (and Mister Freedom) are humbling in the same way that ambitious books can be. Just SO MUCH COOL STUFF between four walls, or two covers.

Paulon February 12, 2010 @ 4:27 PM:

This place in particular — how does one resist not buying up the whole shop??? Those schoolboy scarves — I would have bought them all. Thanks for the trip!

Eric Channing Breweron February 12, 2010 @ 5:18 PM:

I was thinking that a photo slideshow would have worked better to catch all the interesting details of the place but the video makes me feel like I was there in a virtual sense. There’s the sense of space through movement and audio that provides a certain feeling. Not being able to reach out, grab something, inspect closer and then head to the register makes a difference. Oh and that feeling…. Envy!

GSTAGon February 12, 2010 @ 5:49 PM:

Never seen so much unique and beuatiful pieces in one place. Will be there for my next trip to London !

MTon February 13, 2010 @ 7:40 AM:

Those jackets. Sweaters. T-shirts. How do I get them all?

Mayaon February 14, 2010 @ 11:35 AM:

mistermidwesteron February 14, 2010 @ 11:35 PM:

It’s like a well-organized squirrels nest of vintage goodness. I would like to curl up in that pile of colorful sweaters and hibernate, at least until this overlong winter is retreating.

thiswastomorrowon February 22, 2010 @ 7:55 AM:

What this post fails to mention is the quite astronomical prices that Doug and the guys at the showroom charge for really pretty ordinary pieces of vintage clothing- 700USD for beaten old eddie bauer jackets anyone???
    Any experienced collector/ buyer of vintage would baulk at some of the prices charged here…but I guess it is aimed at the corporate clothing designer who generally have big budgets but very little clue so what d’ya expect….