Oxford Shirts & Ties

What’s not to like about a collection of oxford shirts and ties. Lucky for us Mr. Mark McNairy is not content with just making footwear. The North Carolina bred designer stopped by my office this week to give me a preview of his collection of SS10 oxford shirts and ties that are launching at Capsule next week in Las Vegas. The line includes a selection of button-down shirts in white, pink, yellow, blue, stripes, and a group of mix-matched fabrics. The tie selection consists of bows and neck ties in emblematic and repp stripe silks. There are also some nice looking madras options — which will be in my rotation next summer. Since McNairy is ACL’s non-official yet oh-so-official spiritual adviser, these quality goods are all made in the USA with liberty and oxford cloth for all.

Comments on “Oxford Shirts & Ties

Marcon August 28, 2009 @ 8:11 AM:

those ties are tiiiiight!

Steveon August 28, 2009 @ 8:19 AM:

That shirt in the middle is not so good. Others look like good, classic shirts.

Paulon August 28, 2009 @ 8:19 AM:

Gotta have that mixed shirt in the middle! Sharp looking!

Mikeon August 28, 2009 @ 9:04 AM:

They look really nice, although extremely similar to the Black Fleece lines.

Any idea who will be retailing them?

jubeion August 28, 2009 @ 9:25 AM:

oxford shirts = the new graphic tee (?)

Not a bad thing in my opinion… at least these babies you can wear to the office and beat up. Curious to handle them in person… are they a summer-weight oxford cloth?

Amiton August 28, 2009 @ 9:35 AM:

“Extremely similar to the Black Fleece lines”.

I mean, it’s an oxford cloth button down. All ocbd’s are extremely similar.

Anyway, with that substantial collar, it being USA-made and what I assume will be a slimmer-cut, this may prove a very viable alternative to black fleece. This is something very much lacking.

Daveon August 28, 2009 @ 9:46 AM:

Diggin’ the ties. Love to see the shirts up close. The comparisons drawn to Black Fleece are intriguing. Sure, the one in the middle looks a bit outrageous, but you’ve got to add serious value to an OC button down to distinguish it from the millions out there. From this distance, I have trouble seeing how they’re different from the $20 Brooks Bros. outlet mall staples. Which fit phenomenally well, btw.

jfoxon August 28, 2009 @ 9:48 AM:

mmm ties. not enough days in the week. have to start day/nighting it…

benon August 28, 2009 @ 10:56 AM:

I’m curious to see how these compare to my other oxford staples GItman (good price, boxy fit, tuck-in-able) and Band of Outsiders (tighter cut, great overdye chromatics).

Chrison August 28, 2009 @ 11:22 AM:

This guy doesn’t stop. I feel like a complete failure. What is he on MW?

Michael Williamson August 28, 2009 @ 11:27 AM:

Honestly, I think he is powered by coffee and Marlboro Seventy Twos. In all seriousness, Mark is the type of guy that, when he gets something in his head, he just goes out and makes it happen. Have to respect him for that. —ACL

Fredrikon August 28, 2009 @ 1:42 PM:

The ties look great. The shirts look really nice too, but frankly you can’t really go wrong with clean cut oxfords shirts. The one in the middle looks refreshing though. Playful and fun, for next summer’s adventures.

Zacharyon August 28, 2009 @ 4:38 PM:

Good looking items. You mention Capsule in your post, but where are his items normally available? Any online options?

Michael Williamson August 28, 2009 @ 4:41 PM:

The shirts aren’t available on the street yet, they are SS10, so that means they will be available come spring of 2010. I suspect though someone will stock them as immediates this fall. That is another good reason to make goods in the USA, no three month float from China. — ACL

Chrison August 29, 2009 @ 6:51 AM:

Killer madras ties!

Markon August 29, 2009 @ 9:05 AM:

Shirts and ties recall Thom Browne’s personal line moreso than Black Fleece. Even the label looks remarkably similar to Thom Browne…

E.A.P.on August 29, 2009 @ 11:13 AM:

Love the ties.

damienon August 29, 2009 @ 12:23 PM:

Very nice shirts. Very brooks brothers but who can say anything bad about brooks brothers right?

Comfortably Smugon August 29, 2009 @ 6:20 PM:

Allplaidout is going to freak over those ties

Scooteron August 29, 2009 @ 8:59 PM:

Um, love all three shirts as well. People look at me wierd when I tell them I only wear button-downs. Just like the neat and clean look, no floppy collars….

Scooteron August 29, 2009 @ 8:59 PM:

Most notably when I spell “weird” wrong…

dopeyon August 29, 2009 @ 11:04 PM:

That “New Amsterdam” on the label is really clever.

Ryanon August 31, 2009 @ 2:21 AM:

Dope, these look great, looking forward to it.

Classics Patrioton September 1, 2009 @ 2:34 AM:

I’m loving everything but the “fun” shirt. Where, oh where, can I get this stuff on-line?

newgrasson September 1, 2009 @ 3:36 AM:

These shirts do look great from the little I can see in the pictures. But really, @Chris (w/Billykirk) “complete failure” you are not my friend. Your products are absolutely incredible.

F.E. Castleberryon September 4, 2009 @ 1:03 PM:

Those ties are quite brilliant.

Christopher Bauson September 9, 2009 @ 8:41 PM:

I’m kind of curious. Is the fabric made in the US? I don’t believe the Black Fleece/BB is.