Take Ivy in The New York Times

Take Ivy: the saga continues. Mr. David Colman weighs in on everyone’s favorite book in today’s New York Times. There was even a mention of some website called A Continuous Lean (dumb name) that has been instrumental in keeping Take Ivy prices high. Read the full article here.

My copy of Take Ivy as shot by The New York Times.

Comments on “Take Ivy in The New York Times

Christinaon June 18, 2009 @ 8:45 AM:

I had no idea this was so sought after. It is very cool though. ($1,000 on ebay?)

Jackon June 18, 2009 @ 9:19 AM:

Great voyeurism: if you can’t pull off an admission.

Beekson June 18, 2009 @ 11:04 AM:

From what I have seen on the web, Take Ivy is a pretty well done book, but the pictures from the Times are awful. Why do the stylist on these photos shoots insist on dressing the men like women? The dude in the striped socks and shorts looks ridiculous.

christineon June 18, 2009 @ 11:25 AM:

congrats! you started my take ivy love as well (:

RiCHon June 18, 2009 @ 11:28 AM:

LOVE. All of it.

Joeon June 18, 2009 @ 12:43 PM:

Isn’t it interesting how stories, trends and ideas percolate in the blogsphere and then hit the mainstream press? You have my blessing to feel superior (for at least a day or two).

andrew kuenemanon June 18, 2009 @ 1:04 PM:

i work at the times and have had the take ivy cover as my desktop background for a year or so…beaming it around for curious eyes

Giannion June 18, 2009 @ 2:17 PM:

First they take Manhattan, then Ivy.

citizen wayneon June 18, 2009 @ 3:06 PM:

Now that we are all familiar with “Take Ivy” lets move on to “Take Ivy Revisted” http://www.hyrcollective.com/site.html
    Hats off to h(y)r collective and all involved in
    a stellar effort and getting it right.

jhnon June 18, 2009 @ 8:22 PM:

Anyone have a link to the GQ article mentioned in the piece?

Memphis88on June 19, 2009 @ 3:49 AM:

Can’t find the article on the website, but here’s a reprint someone posted on AAAC.

Michael Williamson June 19, 2009 @ 7:43 PM:

I mistakenly deleted a comment from JHN:

Thanks for the link. I think the author is largely correct–there’s a little too much of overdoing it. For instance, I love the Band of Outsiders stuff, but it’s so clearly a “look.”

The classic WASP-y style isn’t a look so much as an approach. Now, the authentic look is largely dead among its original demographic, and so there’s nothing wrong with resurrecting its corpse and mixing it in with the rest of the fashion palate if you so choose.

But a better approach (which ACL largely follows, I might add) is to simply appreciate craftsmanship, simplicity, and tradition in material things, rather than going for a “look.”

citizen wayneon June 20, 2009 @ 9:36 PM:

The bottom line gents, it’s American. I loath the day when edgy Euro brands are back in the fore front. Then again I’ll find refuge in ACL when that day comes.

Bertieon June 23, 2009 @ 10:24 AM:

Why are you so bloody cool? I try harder every day to be like you, but I just can’t whack up enough cool to even begin. You should found a religion on your coolness and good taste alone.

Michael Williamson June 23, 2009 @ 10:38 AM:

Funny you should say that, my religion is launching this fall.

raquel raneyon June 29, 2009 @ 10:59 AM:

you are so bloody cool love!