Life Archive | Drunk Test c.1941

In honor of Zack Galifianakis’ masterful performance in The Hangover (which is one of the most hilarious movies I have seen in some time), I present you with the Kansas City drunk test in its infancy. Do go see The Hangover, don’t drink and drive.

life_drunk_test_12

Comments on “Life Archive | Drunk Test c.1941

Bobon June 10, 2009 @ 2:58 PM:

Cool: the Life magazine archives
    Uncool: posting nothing but Life magazine archives

Michael Williamson June 10, 2009 @ 3:03 PM:

Dear Bob,

Does this mean we aren’t friends anymore?

ACL

JPon June 10, 2009 @ 3:13 PM:

Thank God I’ve been spared this experience…

INVISIBLE AGENTon June 10, 2009 @ 3:42 PM:

Looks like these fine gents can’t handle their Miller High Life.

I.A.

Nathaniel Richardson June 10, 2009 @ 7:47 PM:

I just wanted to stick up for the Life archives. Ok, ya there have been quite a few posted, but other than the words at the top they are extremely varied subjects. I enjoy the glimpse into bygone eras. I enjoy ACL because of the different perspective it brings to me daily and these photos depict style, mysterious and focus that is lacking pretty much everywhere. They remind me of a time when people worked hard and took pride in themselves and their community, and inspire me to bring these values to my own life. I do like weird japanese shit too.

Nathaniel Richardson June 10, 2009 @ 7:48 PM:

sorry, meant “mystery” not “mysterious”, just got off work!

Nick Maggioon June 10, 2009 @ 7:50 PM:

ACL-

What, you mean ACL isn’t your full-time job? You mean you don’t stay up all night thinking of amazing posts for Bob to look at? Shame on you ACL.

– Nick

pitboss12on June 10, 2009 @ 8:37 PM:

I don’t mind ACL’s Life archive postings because he finds the good stuff most of the time.

Do go see The Hangover.

A Focused Imaginationon June 10, 2009 @ 10:29 PM:

I would love to know the backstory for this guy’s night. Also I wonder if the photographer actually hung around the police station waiting for a drunk, or if it was staged…

veronikaon June 11, 2009 @ 12:43 AM:

Tequila!!!!!!!!!!!!

robbieon June 11, 2009 @ 1:07 AM:

I can guarantee that it was staged, or atleast that the police station knew the photographer was going to be there et cetera.

Anyhow…

I have a friend who has passed the field sobriety tests drunk, and got a DWI when he’d had like A beer.

It was a sad day for his record, but I chuckled upon hearing the story.

Russell Sproutson June 11, 2009 @ 9:28 AM:

Take it from Mr. Sprouts kids. If you end up driving home after that bottle of Carlo Rossi, proper attire is a must. Wet undershorts and a sombrero will not cut it. “The Man” will take notice.

benon June 11, 2009 @ 1:15 PM:

if only playing solitaire was still part of the drunk test

Memphis88on June 11, 2009 @ 3:32 PM:

I’ve been waiting for Zack Galifianakis to have a role like the one in The Hangover. He was the best thing about a movie that would have been hilarious even if he hadn’t been in it.

doaneon June 12, 2009 @ 10:02 AM:

Whatever happened to the “leather belt/sash” that old school cops would wear?

janaon June 12, 2009 @ 4:18 PM:

that movie was side splittingly funny. at one point, it hurt to laugh that much and it felt less like laughter, more like…seizure? the best thing was the comedic tension between zach galifianakis and ed helms. very different styles, but both hilarious in their own way.

your uncle Dudleyon June 17, 2009 @ 2:38 PM:

Why do you say “Kansas City drunk test”? Was it developed there, or just photographed there?