Life Skills via Japan

Who needs a father to teach you how to shine your shoes or tie your tie when you can just have the Japanese show you on the internet. The fellas at AAAC turned me on to this set of videos from the Japanese skin care brand Garra that I couldn’t resist posting. The videos touch on everything from “party magic skill” (amazing!), to “shoe shine skill,” to “ironing skill.” All of the videos can be seen here, father not included.

Comments on “Life Skills via Japan

Llywarchon June 7, 2009 @ 10:11 AM:

Excellent! Having some fun with the ‘tie trick’ in the ‘party tricks’. I just hope the marks on my neck will disappear before work tomorrow!

mikeon June 7, 2009 @ 1:18 PM:

I’m having a little trouble viewing the page. All I see is a white screen. Is there a plug-in I need, or something that needs to be turned off on my end?

Michael Williamson June 7, 2009 @ 1:20 PM:

Seems like the whole interface is flash, check and see that you have the newest version.

Vadim Kon June 7, 2009 @ 2:53 PM:

Amazing stuff. Everything a guy needs to impress a lady, including a card trick.

chadon June 7, 2009 @ 7:31 PM:

where can i get an iron like that?

sorrentolenson June 7, 2009 @ 7:56 PM:

I pride myself on my shoe shine – this buy put me to shame. I learned something – good stuff – thanks for posting this.

Abeon June 8, 2009 @ 12:35 AM:

The first sentence of this post unfortunately represents the destruction of everything you are about. everything.

cheers :(

Michael Williamson June 8, 2009 @ 12:43 AM:

That first sentence is sarcasm Abe. I vote for fathers to teach sons, not unreadable Japanese websites.

Tintinon June 8, 2009 @ 9:54 AM:

The problem is most Dad’s don’t know how to tie a tie or shine a pr of shoes. I loved these. I feel so vulgar for spitting on a rag when I shine shoes.

Abeon June 8, 2009 @ 5:01 PM:

haha, I knew it was sarcasm, I could never in a million years imagine you saying that. I was just saying that that sentiment, taken seriously, could destroy the American spirit. It was late and I wrote my mood/tense wrong. Damn this internet.

Actual Cheers,

Andreaon June 10, 2009 @ 12:55 AM:

The ironing is a wonder. I’ve never seen a shirt ironed quite that way, and the two-handed grip on the iron is impressive. I wonder how many shirts that gentleman has ironed in his life – thousands, I’m guessing.

And as for the shoes – where can I get one of those cute little water dispensers?