Comments on “ACL x SXSW x

Sam Jacobson March 24, 2009 @ 1:00 PM:

I think photo 11 is my favorite. Makes me long for those days I spent in Austin a few years back.
    However, I think this world has seen enough skinny jeans. I don’t see how that could possibly be comfortable in the Texas heat. Fuckin hipsters…

MRon March 24, 2009 @ 1:05 PM:

No Shiner Bock? That is the true working man’s beer in Texas.

Nonetheless, great pics, keep up the good work

Michael Williamson March 24, 2009 @ 1:06 PM:

I drank quite a few Shiner Bocks and a ton of Lone Stars. I’m on board.

valerieon March 24, 2009 @ 3:21 PM:

rad photos. the briefcase and the mexican martini were my favorites…never been to TX, but looks like a place most people should visit once in their lives.

Damionon March 24, 2009 @ 3:59 PM:

Hmph…skinny jeans. So sad.

james of secret fortson March 24, 2009 @ 4:35 PM:

Really nice photos. Love the barber shop interior…and, of course, no ACL post is truly complete without the champagne of beers.

geoff unionon March 24, 2009 @ 4:46 PM:

Shiner + Continental Club + John Dee = Heaven
    I’m Jealous

Kevinon March 24, 2009 @ 5:22 PM:

I like pic number 11 as well. This is probably one of our best assets. A run around town lake would have been nice as well. On Friday there was a lady in a tight red number on the trail that almost made a guy flip out of his canoe. For the record, as a native austinite, I pretty much never drink Shiner bock although it isn’t bad but it certainly isn’t a working man’s beer, that would probably be Budweiser, atleast that is what the mexicans prefer. As far as Shiner goes, it is much better on tap, especially in highschool out of a keg in the backyard of some kid with hippy parents who don’t give a shit. Also, there is no vodka in a mexican martini. It is usually just a margarita served straight up, usually stronger and with less sweet and sour and some olives and they give you the whole shaker. Thanks for the picks and your site. Hope you had a good time.

Oh, skinny jeans are gay.

samon March 24, 2009 @ 5:43 PM:

glad you got you some “national beer of texas.” which bands did you see? favorites?

o'dellon March 24, 2009 @ 6:34 PM:

oh nice, the guy in the plaid shirt and glasses is the best person, and the best at life

JMAon March 24, 2009 @ 6:50 PM:

I don’t understand your Miller High Life obsession. It is American made, but America invented the craft brews…Even if you want to go with something older than the Sam Adams and Sierra Nevadas, a more regional domestic would seem to fit the bill, not one of the gigantic breweries. Maybe Anchor Steam…
    But hey, it does taste good on a hot day, and you can find it everywhere. Still, at SXSW the Lonestar photo might have been more appropriate.

Michael Williamson March 24, 2009 @ 7:46 PM:

I like what I like. Why do you like what you like?

Memphis88on March 24, 2009 @ 11:36 PM:

I need to find a barbershop like that one. Bad.

Thomason March 25, 2009 @ 11:16 AM:

Going to a Barbers is so much better for your world view than going to the hairdressers. It’s much cheaper and you are less likely to have to go home and wash off handfuls of ‘product’.

Ryanon March 25, 2009 @ 11:46 AM:

ACL, looks like you missed out on some of the finer points of Austin…

JMAon March 25, 2009 @ 6:42 PM:

Michael: Good point! Cheers.

JMAon March 25, 2009 @ 8:06 PM:
    wade wordon March 25, 2009 @ 9:52 PM:

Nice pics. Not the typical Austin cliches. Sad hipster invasion is why I avoid going to SXSW, but it is a good opportunity for others to see our town. Unfortunately, 6th st and SoCo are only one part of Austin, and that’s all many people get the chance to check out.
    It is a beautiful little town.

Loganon March 26, 2009 @ 7:08 PM:

Aw, I was there, you should’ve got my picture. I was wearing skinny jeans and a T, but in the opposite colors of those guys in the pick. Grey jeans, blue T. So yeah, I’m original, haha, kidding. Oh, and my beard is pretty sick, so bonus. Oh well, there’s always next year!