The geniuses at Mister Freedom are at it again. The spring / summer goods are hitting the streets and San Francisco’s Self Edge was nice enough to send over the first images of the new “shore coat” and denim “signal vest.” The attention to detail on the Mister Freedom items is second to none. Like a lot of the work wear stuff I am into, this collection has to be styled (worn) in a certain way or you run the risk of looking like an extra in a WWII movie. That said, the on-figure photos below aren’t really how I would swing this, but I like the items regardless. More images and info after the jump.
The Nitty gritty:
Mister Freedom Shore Jacket
Original limited small batch edition MFSC “white Denim”.
• 11oz denim fabric
• Swapped Thread Denim (White warp & indigo weft)
• Sanforized denim: Minimal shrinkage
• Indigo blue solid selvedge id
• Inspired by 1940s USN denim Chore jacket.
• Two Officer type flap expending front pockets.
• Reinforced stitching on shawl collar, lined with blue chambray.
• Concealed chambray inside chest pocket.
• Sand/wind proof blue chambray elastic concealed wrist cuffs.
• Inside stencil “Not for Deck Duty”
• Red MFSC anchor print on inside back
• Side eyelets for hanging dry brass laundry pins.
• Five change/ring buttons front closure. Buttons are original vintage Naval brass 1930s to 1950s stock, randomly mixed.
• All construction lap seam chain stitch and single needle machine. 100% cotton indigo blue thread.
• Use of selvedge on inside button flap.
• One piece back.
Mister Freedom Denim Signal Vest
Original dark indigo selvedge MFSC denim “301”, solid white narrow selvedge.
• 11oz body, 14oz chest pockets
• Shrinkage 5 to 8%
• Original safety yellow coated cotton twill back lining, 1940’s USN survival raft type.
• Original MFSC pattern
• Shawl collar with “raft twill” lining.
• Two slanted chest pockets (iPhone and passport size), brass rivets reinforced. 14oz “301” denim.
• Two selvedge slanted D-shape hand pocket, with blue chambray lining, brass rivets reinforced.
• Four button front, composite 13 stars Peacoat type.
• Cinch back strap (non punch through), white MFSC original denim. “No-Scratch” prong metal buckle.
• All single-needle machine construction.
• Two large inside map pockets and two “Conmatic” brass zipper concealed currency pockets.
• Extended protective back tail.
Photos by Sidney Lo