NYFW | Band of Outsiders AW09

Just about everyone (editors, stylists, bloggers, Kanye) showed up to the Band of Outsiders presentation yesterday afternoon. The new fall collection was what we have come to expect from Band, quirky yet classic American sportswear. I especially liked the toggle coats and the blue nylon anorak. I think the clothes pretty much speak for themselves here, but if that doesn’t satisfy you, Tim Blanks has you covered. Some of my choice looks below.

I couldn’t help but to mentally reference some of the images below as possible inspiration for the fall line.

[vodpod id=Groupvideo.2098442&w=470&h=383&fv=%26rel%3D0%26border%3D0%26]

Comments on “NYFW | Band of Outsiders AW09

Cycloon February 16, 2009 @ 8:34 AM:

That last image, Delon in Plein Soleil, what a beauty!

citizen wayneon February 16, 2009 @ 11:44 AM:

The top coat with the fur collar is smokin’. It will take a miracle for me to shed the needed pounds to
    even consider fitting into this coat. Sir, please put the beer down and step away.

davidon February 16, 2009 @ 5:19 PM:

wow, that checkerboard suit is intense!

Mr.Rayon February 16, 2009 @ 5:41 PM:

His toggle coat is drawing me in for some reason.

Tom Paineon February 16, 2009 @ 6:52 PM:

The toggle coat looks nice but could use another toggle at the bottom.

Thomon February 16, 2009 @ 7:02 PM:

Gotta love the shortened double-breasted cardigan.

Fosteron February 16, 2009 @ 7:22 PM:

I like the new sperrys and the reference to the graduate is cool. I agree the toggle jacket looks a little off unbalanced with only two jackets.

Sarnoon February 16, 2009 @ 11:34 PM:

scott’s success is found in keeping it simple. this stuff feels very modern and unfussy–and if you can make the appearance of green mocs seem unfussy, i think you have some talent to burn. of all the designers mining the “american classic” vein these days (hamilton, bastian, et. al.), sternberg seems the least fettered. he’s in the zone right now, no question.

Joe Zbaron February 17, 2009 @ 2:46 AM:

I disagree with a couple of the comments – I like the starkness of having only two toggles on the duffle. It matches the shorter length, I feel.

However, it’s the image above that is the real deal. Those green loafers have got my head spinning…

Chrison February 17, 2009 @ 3:51 AM:

I want that damn baseball jacket they have but dont want to pay that price? Got a link for a similar one?

simonon February 17, 2009 @ 5:08 AM:

You should listen to the swedish artist Dan Lissvik and write something about him! His Record “7trx+Intermission” is something special, something new… Just like the band he usually sings in, the gothenburgian duo “Studio” if you have’nt heard them you should consider if your life have been wasted so far…

Keithon February 17, 2009 @ 10:50 AM:

I believe your right on point with the inspirations…cool stuff!!!

Rene Schalleron February 18, 2009 @ 5:58 AM:

he looks good…. like a part of the show. he has a great sence of style, everytime right!

hulamonkeyon February 18, 2009 @ 11:23 PM:

Nice clothes if only they fit normal people and the quality matched the price.
    Arm holes are awkwardly placed, cut for manorectics only, not nearly as well made as CdG, Dries, Troglodyte/Seize, and many other bransds in same price range.