First Look | Wolverine Heritage Collection

Maybe there is hope for classic American brands. Wolverine, the 125+ year old boot maker, is launching a heritage collection this coming fall with a selection of boots made right in one of Wolverine’s U.S. factories. After looking through the collection, I have to say I am really impressed with the results. The boots are made from beautiful leather, have good detailing and are in classic shapes. I love it when a company keeps it simple and falls back on its roots for inspiration. Wolverine is on the right track with this new line and I look forward to adding a pair to my wardrobe.

More info from Wolverine’s Christina Vernon.

We are getting ready to re-launch Wolverine’s 1,000 Mile Boot which was first produced in the early 1900’s and was the boot that really put Wolverine on the map in terms of making great fitting, comfortable and durable footwear.  At the time it was known for giving you 1,000 miles of wear.

For fall 2009, we are re-launching the collection throughout Europe, Asia and North America.  with several styles taken directly from our archives.  The pinnacle of the collection is the original 1,000 Mile Boot which will be manufactured in the US.  The rest of the collection is not made in the US, but we are planning future developments of the US made line for Spring and Fall 2010.

Comments on “First Look | Wolverine Heritage Collection

Tyleron February 2, 2009 @ 12:46 PM:

Wolverine steeled toe boots and Chevy 2 door tahoes were essentials in highschool. Oh the memories.

AndyMon February 2, 2009 @ 1:08 PM:

Georgeous! Looking forward to them.

victoria thorneon February 2, 2009 @ 1:18 PM:

essential americun garb. elegant & useful. what could be better?

Sethon February 2, 2009 @ 1:23 PM:

Abeon February 2, 2009 @ 2:10 PM:

so right, I see a pair in my future.

Thomon February 2, 2009 @ 2:16 PM:

Those look to be exactly what I’ve been looking for the last two years, describing it only as “a Dickensian pickpocket boot.” Thought Timberland’s new line would have to do, but these look much more the part. Brilliant.

Davidon February 2, 2009 @ 2:24 PM:

yes! i was mad at myself for waiting too long to buy a pair of indys this winter but good things come to those who wait…these are beautiful, rugged, classic…just what i was looking for. i hope theyre comfortable/not impossible to find

Jesseon February 2, 2009 @ 2:29 PM:

I want em!!

jonon February 2, 2009 @ 3:05 PM:

Can anyone tell me the name of the model with the square patch right above the sole?

benjaminon February 2, 2009 @ 3:22 PM:

a good boot – I’ve just moved to Tokyo and as a fan of pretty much all that ACL has to say , I’d be keen to hear more about the vintage scene over here

I’m be surprised if there are any american made clothes left over there.

Davidon February 2, 2009 @ 3:25 PM:

will quality of these (at least the US made models) compare to that of alden, redwing, etc.?

jbirdon February 2, 2009 @ 4:06 PM:

I can’t help but be cynical about this…i’m not saying these kicks aren’t beautiful…indeed they are…what irks me is that it seems there is this “boot war” that’s beginning to look a lot like the sneaker war that’s been happening for several years now. Who can boast to have the best, most authentic pair of work boots on the market…”our story is more real than yours”…I mean jump on the bandwagon Wolverine, Timberland, Redwings, et al.

Now that I’ve gotten that out of my system…these boots are beautiful and will hopefully inspired other Wisconsin brands like Weinbrenner, Russell Moccasin, and Chippewa Boots to do the same. This will allow me to not only support our national economy, but my state economy as well.

Seanon February 2, 2009 @ 5:12 PM:

My bank account is not a fan of you Mr. ACL

danon February 2, 2009 @ 5:32 PM:

Not to be Dan the Downer, but as a former marketing and ad guy how much of that handsome boot is photography and presentation? I mean, my boots won’t be glistening like that all the time….or will they? Can they?
    At least my borderling poseur-ish J Crew Red Wings (which, fyi, I stole on ebay) are photographed all broken in. Jumping off cynical soapbox: yes, how much for that patchwork boot? Nice!!

danon February 2, 2009 @ 5:39 PM:

When I click the first pic – hoping it’ll come up in a new window so I can send the url – it just shows a little x.

Michael Williamson February 2, 2009 @ 5:42 PM:

I don’t understand Dan. It opens larger for me. Here is the image location:

don weiron February 2, 2009 @ 6:20 PM:

must haves i think.

danon February 2, 2009 @ 7:51 PM:

Has to be something on my end. Even the newer link does not bring it up. A quick pic save and attachement sent to 4 long-time friends all fetched the same reply: NO, not your next boot.

May need new friendly opinions, ha.

tripon February 2, 2009 @ 8:39 PM:

Those look great. Based on the old ad (or old looking ad) about using shell cordovan, I wonder if they are actually going to be it for the boots.

Cycloon February 3, 2009 @ 5:48 AM:

In the UK there have been moves to resurect our classic workboot, the Dr Marten’s, or DM. So far with no real success….these Wolverines look nice. Wonder if we’ll get ’em over here?

OregonDodgeron February 3, 2009 @ 5:07 PM:

Where did the photos come from? Is there a catalog available? I couldn’t find them on the website. Great looking boots.

Georgeon February 4, 2009 @ 7:43 PM:

Any guess on how much they will cost? $150ish? more?

Harryon February 5, 2009 @ 2:09 PM:

Fall 09 ? That seems so far away. These look amazing. I can proudly say i can’t wait to spend my stripper money on these..

zachon February 5, 2009 @ 2:20 PM:

ok so where/how can we buy these? I can’t find…

Michael Williamson February 5, 2009 @ 2:21 PM:

Not out yet Zach…

Frugal Dougalon February 5, 2009 @ 3:57 PM:

Any idea of the pricepoint?

Keeseanon February 11, 2009 @ 6:16 PM:

These boots are hott. Vintage look without the occasional vintage unreliability.

Albinon February 13, 2009 @ 2:53 PM:

Very cool, these… I need a pair of.

Joonon February 13, 2009 @ 7:01 PM:

dope…..where i can get these? I couldn’t find these at their website.

Daveon February 24, 2009 @ 5:11 PM:

I like the idea of a heritage line. And heaven knows Wolverine has heritage out the wazoo. But I have to say the line suffers from too much trim. 90% of being a great artist is knowing when to stop painting. Do the boots really need all the extra stitching? All they had to do was one-up the Red Wing heritage line – it would’ve been so easy to do. But I fear they’ve gone too far. Too bad.

Chukaon February 25, 2009 @ 8:29 PM:

I love these boots… I have a pair of 16 inch high Wolverine 1000 mile boots made of horsehide. Any ideas when they were first made?

Alessandroon March 30, 2009 @ 4:00 AM:

Love these boots, too! I searched for them on google and found the whole collection here :
    but didn’t find any info on prices..

Mr Gon April 10, 2009 @ 9:43 PM:

Never knew what they were worth!!! Bought my first pair in Fall 2004 when I came to the US as a student…threw them away after using them for like 6 months….I’m already drooling like a DOG looking at these models….heheheeh..can’t wait…

manpikinon July 10, 2009 @ 3:37 PM:

These are great looking boots. Would be nice if we could buy a pair right now.

LuxuryObsessedon August 9, 2009 @ 3:21 PM:

I can’t wait to see these in person. I need some new boots.

Aldoon November 3, 2009 @ 10:32 PM:

Any websites I can grab the 1000 mile ones?