Comments on “The Long Road Home

Jayon January 30, 2009 @ 10:30 AM:

so jealous. haven’t been to the Agora in years but saw so many amazing shows there during my formative years.

randalljlaneon January 30, 2009 @ 10:54 AM:

I have driven through those same tunnels many many times on trips from NYC to Columbus, OH. The roadway has changed but the tunnels look exactly the same. It may be a long drive, but it is a fun drive. On the PA turnpike you not only get to see the old school engineering in the tunnels, as you get closer to Pittsburgh there are a handful of huge new wind turbines.

I80 is beautiful as well, a little more remote. You get to pass “the highest point on I80 east of the mississippi.”

Tintinon January 30, 2009 @ 12:44 PM:

Uh, that’s like watching paint dry.

mangoon January 30, 2009 @ 1:05 PM:

Thanks for the “Valet” web site. It is so useful.

Jaredon January 30, 2009 @ 1:41 PM:

Have fun at the show. I saw them at the Beachland Ballroom about a year or two ago and the rocked my socks off.

Jaredon January 30, 2009 @ 1:41 PM:

robbieon January 30, 2009 @ 2:39 PM:

Enjoy the show

Colbyon January 30, 2009 @ 3:49 PM:

Be careful driving. We have had a lot of snow in Northwest PA in the past couple of days. I saw those windmills the other day on the turnpike when I was driving back from the inauguration. I could not believe how huge those things were!

TCon January 31, 2009 @ 3:35 AM:

Fuck fashion. YOUTUBE CLIPS!!!! This one’s for you mike.

The Barstool Romanticon January 31, 2009 @ 1:35 PM:

Did you get held up by the giant accident on I-80 right around Jersey Shore, PA at about 2:30?

Michael Williamson January 31, 2009 @ 2:25 PM:

I did get caught in the 12 or so car accident on I-80 at Jersey Shore, PA. I was not involved, but just delayed by it. Sat there for about an hour and a half. Worked out nicely as I was parked for my 3PM conference call…

Sam Jacobson February 1, 2009 @ 3:54 PM:

What happened to my GO STEELERS? :)

Heavy Tweed Jacketon February 1, 2009 @ 8:20 PM:

Classic images. It has been a long time since I was last on the PA Turnpike, but what impresses me is the lack of signage. The Blueridge Parkway is one of those American gems that one can still drive without the clutter of adverts. Nice post.

Jessicaon February 2, 2009 @ 2:54 PM:

I would certainly make that road trip as well. I saw them a few times in new york and they are incredible live.