Comments on “Alexander Olch | How to Tie a Bow Tie

matthewon January 13, 2009 @ 3:51 PM:

I purchased my first Alexander Olch tie on sale at Bergdorf a few weeks back — I’m kicking myself for not getting two. It is a lovely thing.

Eamon JL Woodon January 13, 2009 @ 4:53 PM:

That is a great video, but my favorite “how to tie a bow tie” has to go to David Hart’s. The old movie vibe and the non sterile feel make me smile every time.

Michael Williamson January 13, 2009 @ 4:56 PM:

When J. Press was a client we did this one:

It doesn’t help teach you anything though…

Ryanon January 13, 2009 @ 6:19 PM:

How appropriate, haha. Today was the first day I wore a bow tie to grad school and got some funny looks. But the girls who went to school in the South loved it :) I learned with a video on YouTube by some men’s clothier in South Carolina.

Florianon January 13, 2009 @ 7:12 PM:

I recently found out that he and I attended the same highschool, great character…not to mention, of course, that the ties are of maximal quality

Natsumion January 13, 2009 @ 7:45 PM:

I’m wearing his alpaca bow tie today. You have no idea how excited I am about this video. Thanks for this post!

Michael Williamson January 13, 2009 @ 7:56 PM:

We want photos of you in the coveted Alpaca knit…

Marcelluson January 13, 2009 @ 11:22 PM:

Great video, particularly showing the adjustments at the end. However, the hardest part for me was getting the bow through the back of the loop. To learn I watched this video from Brittons of Columbia ( Not trying to lesson the Alexander Olch video, which is obviously much cooler, but just thought it was a great instructional video.

dtailorientedon January 14, 2009 @ 2:02 AM:

I learned to tie a bow tie like you tie a shoe just around you neck. Its the easiest way to teach it as well. Hope thats in the video.

Love the blog

Memphis88on January 14, 2009 @ 11:07 AM:

The Brittons video Marcellus is talking about is the South Carolina video mentioned by Ryan. I got my first bow tie last week and I am still trying to learn how to tie it. I envy those who can pick it up quickly.

Ianon January 14, 2009 @ 9:34 PM:

Love it! I wore a bow tie for the 1st time just this past weekend. I was really surprised by the attention it garnered. I was told the Poindexter look really works for me, LOL. It took a few attempts to get the knack of tying it. My advice is try not to get frustrated, be patient and practice.

ROJASon January 15, 2009 @ 2:34 PM:

loves bow ties. Thanks MW.

ROJASon January 15, 2009 @ 2:37 PM: