Comments on “Beams+ Fall 2008 Catalog

William Reeson November 7, 2008 @ 2:31 PM:

So any way/source to get the Weinbrenner X Beams Oxford Work Shoes here in the states?

The Beams website wasn’t an-online shop it didn’t seem – right?

Some of this only-in-Japan stuff just gets too tempting, teasing, saddening.

BobTon November 7, 2008 @ 2:37 PM:

How do the Japenese do it? Is there anyway we can get items like this in the US? I really liked some of the Champion products that were shown.

All over Manhattan I see the same boring black fleece North Face Jacket. I must of counted 20 of them on my way to the office.

How can we get the beautiful Purple Label Trench Coat?

Michael Williamson November 7, 2008 @ 2:40 PM:

I know one really good website that will help you get all of this Japanese product.

It is frustrating I know, but that is what makes going there so good.

Lesli Larsonon November 7, 2008 @ 2:52 PM:

Does anyone know whether Alden will custom combine leather and sole options–ala Russell Moccasins? I love the look of some of those shoes and boots pictured in the Beams catalog.

wayne pateon November 7, 2008 @ 4:52 PM:

Yes they will! I actually got the Alden Long Wingtip
    in Black from Beams + on a trip earlier in the year
    (see in second to last page of the catalog scans above) and when I got home I wanted a similar
    pair in Cognac with the crepe sole so I called them up, gave them the style number and they said no problem. You have to custom order through an Alden Shop. Live in NYC? Call the store on Madison.

TINTINon November 7, 2008 @ 5:33 PM:

Try this…

I didn’t have much luck but if you know someone who can read Japanese and you don’t mind paying the shipping this might work.

TINTINon November 7, 2008 @ 5:46 PM:

I’m back. With a word of warning. I fell in love with this duffle coat

two years ago. (scroll down til you see the navy duffle with rope and wood) I called Gloverall and they told me only Japan received the their duffle with rope and wood closures. I tried like a mother to buy it from Trad House. Emails, phone calls, etc. Nothing worked. Very frustrating. At 65,000 yen this works out to apx$650. Not including the shipping.

I found this navy duffle only with flaps on the pocket at Macy’s. By Polo Jeans, it was on sale for $100. No shipping charge. It’s made in China but for a hundred clams…

Joshuaon November 8, 2008 @ 11:41 AM:

You guys think you have it bad – try getting product in Canada! The lengths I have gone to getting my hands on some items…but always worth it

Michael Williamson November 8, 2008 @ 11:45 AM:

At least you have free health care!

Miltonon November 9, 2008 @ 9:09 AM:

The BEAMS work is amazing. Thanks for posting this. I don’t read japanese, though it would totally be worth learning at this point in time with my obsessions over their craftmanship. But if you can, or have a friend who can, here’s where to get your hands on their wonderful product:

pitboss12on November 9, 2008 @ 6:31 PM:

I’ve been inspired by all the recent workwear and rugged gear posts. I went to the Rose Bowl Flea Market this morning. As I pulled into my parking space I noticed alot of the Japanese buyers already done. I spied a pair filling a mini van with at least 5 Redwing Boxes, a couple bags of unboxed boots, along with a stack of Pendletons. There were close to 15 pairs of cool old Nikes all laid out on the asphalt being inventoried. It might be time for me to go behind enemy lines for a rescue mission.