Red Wing Wabasha Chukka Boot

No need to beat a dead horse about American goods from Japan. While I was there I picked up the perfect fall / winter boots from the Red Wing Wabasha collection. The leather Wabasha Chukka boots cost around $300 and are made in Minnesota exclusively for the Japanese market. Take a look around the Red Wing Japan website (if you haven’t already) and you will see what a good looking collection is produced for the market.

All of the photos can be seen here.

Comments on “Red Wing Wabasha Chukka Boot

Robon November 3, 2008 @ 12:40 PM:

nice stuff. i love the contrast that the bit of yellow gives the shoe. if it weren’t for this shaky economy i would be compelled to take a trip to japan.

Michael Williamson November 3, 2008 @ 12:47 PM:

Economy be damned! Just do it!

wayne pateon November 3, 2008 @ 12:58 PM:

Ah you lucky devil, these are tasty. The one detail I notice with these along with other new releases from various shoemakers is this curved heel.
    I’ve passed on a few things because of that little detail. I just don’t know. I saw this same type of sole
    on a pair of Alden plain toe boots and it just didn’t seem right. Regardless of my personal issue with it
    these are a thing of beauty.

jeremyon November 3, 2008 @ 1:17 PM:

Saw these in person the other day. They are amazing.
    Coming to the U.S. soon I think.

seanon November 3, 2008 @ 1:26 PM:

Nice man…very nice. They look like they will only get better with age.

brandonon November 3, 2008 @ 2:43 PM:
    Michael Williamson November 3, 2008 @ 2:59 PM:

Those aren’t the same boots Brandon…

jameson November 3, 2008 @ 3:40 PM:

does anyone have a link or know the full story on red wings crepe soles. have heard a cute one about how it was to do w farmers wives so they know the husbands soles are clean (and also easy to scrape all the hay and crap off as flattish) but have friends in roofing and carpeting who love them cause they dont mark… what is the real deal… anyone>>?>

Agostinhoon November 3, 2008 @ 3:45 PM:

Nice Michael!

I’ve been looking for a boot similar to those, essentially your conventional Redwing without being all being and clunky.

Hopefully they reach these shores (UK) soon or better yet somewhere online stocks them.

What’s the sizing like? Do they come in different widths?

Oh and a bit of newbie question, but what denim do peeps usually wear with Redwings? Tapered Raw denim etc?

wayne pateon November 3, 2008 @ 4:25 PM:

In regards to denim pairing, I think these would look good with a tapered denim if that’s the look
    your going for, that more fashionable of the moment look or the look I would go for would be a nice authentically worn in pair of selvedge denim, straight leg, a bit baggy, longer in the length so you can get a nice 1-2 inch cuff. The cuff’s bottom edge would barely clear the ground. Anyhow this would be my first approach.

Tom Paineon November 3, 2008 @ 10:38 PM:

Very nice Michael. I love the color contrast between the leather and the stitching, laces, and sole.

jacsksonon November 4, 2008 @ 10:28 AM:

Ha…those are awful. I’m sick of seeing wannabes around NY that haven’t done a hard day’s work in their life wearing this sh*t.

Michael Williamson November 4, 2008 @ 11:09 AM:

Jackson — sorry to interrupt your busy work day with the blog. I’m sure it is difficult to get internet access at the job site.

wayne pateon November 4, 2008 @ 11:47 AM:

Jackson, I’m curious to know what you do for a living? Dose your work require you to wear workboots? Are you viewing this blog from a construction site or a remote mountain top
    or an office in the city?

Thomon November 4, 2008 @ 2:26 PM:

Made in Wisconsin for the Japanese market….what’s wrong with this picture?

Reminds me of finding BC salmon in Scotland, cheaper than it was in BC.

Michael Williamson November 4, 2008 @ 2:27 PM:

Made in Minnesota, but same difference.

Simonon November 5, 2008 @ 2:26 AM:

whoa – jump down jackson’s throat.
    I don’t love Red Wings also, maybe I wouldn’t say it the same way, but the guy’s entitled to his opinion.
    Funny how everyone thinks he’s a construction worker all of a sudden?!
    Maybe a ‘trustie’ who has never worked a day in his life. And is wondering why everything commonly associated with the “job site” is showing up at the Bryant tents.

wayne pateon November 5, 2008 @ 11:11 AM:

Simon I assume you live and work in a big city some
    where so when you walk down the street 85% of the people you see are wearing shoes that have nothing to do with there professions, Chuck Taylors (old basketball sneakers, Nike dunks (basketball), Timberland boots (Workwear/outdoor), etc. I’m certain you wear shoes just for fashion’s sake as well. You are missing the point with this post. The post on this pair of Red Wing’s goes beyond everyday trendy fashion, it’s about the appreciation of American heritage and quality of an American brand. You may be right about the current trend in men’s fashion but you got it wrong here. Insult with relevance not with malice

Simonon November 5, 2008 @ 1:48 PM:

My comment had nothing to do with the objective of the ACL point (appreciation of Americana).
    … he’s wondering
    because it’s called fashion
    and because it’s called an opinion
    both to be respected, not insulted
    that was my point. two wrongs do not make a right.

Michael Williamson November 5, 2008 @ 1:53 PM:

It’s all good Simon, but the whole “i’m tired of seeing wannabes…” shit is just so, um, tired.

nike dunkon August 7, 2009 @ 8:39 PM:

to be SB hypebeasts, u all are surly dumb. SAMPLES DONT HAVE FAT TOUNGES! the fat tounge is silly and dumb looking