Norton & Sons Trotters Bag

Who says you can’t afford anything from a Savile Row tailor. The much admired tailor Norton & Sons have recently released their Trotters Bag. Per the company website. “The Trotter, the most junior rank on Savile Row, trots between cutting rooms and workrooms, carrying bundles of cloth and trimmings to the sewing tailors and returning with sewn garments. At Norton & Sons our trotters use a traditional stout canvas Trotters Bag.”

I don’t think it gets more insider than to own one of these bags, although I would much prefer to show my rank with a Norton & Sons suit.

The logo on the ‘80’s Trotter’ was the Norton & Sons shopfront logo from 1980 until 2006.

Comments on “Norton & Sons Trotters Bag

designermanon October 13, 2008 @ 11:42 AM:

nice bag. talk about insider status…!

steffanon October 13, 2008 @ 3:06 PM:

I ordered a bespoke suit from Norton & Sons this March and paid a £2k deposit.

They told me that I woud have a first fitting in about ten weeks.

Having sent me a a receipt they have never been in touch since.

Norton & Sons is at best incompetent and at worst a con. I woud avoid at all costs!

Michael Williamson October 13, 2008 @ 3:11 PM:

Okay, easy there Steffan. Maybe you are looking for

Did you go into the shop and speak to them? Have you called? This is hardly the space to air your discontent. If you want, email me at mw [at] acontinuouslean [dot] com and I will put you in touch with Patrick the owner.

JWon October 13, 2008 @ 4:46 PM:

I agree with MW. Patrick is doing a fantastic job upholding the traditions of Savile Row and yet he is still able to infuse it with a youthful glow. Keep up the good work. And if you are lucky enough to visit Patrick, be sure to run across the street to B Store and say hi to Kirk!

Simonon October 13, 2008 @ 6:38 PM:

I think of preferred ways to be an “insider”.
    It just seems like greenwashing to me.

Simonon October 13, 2008 @ 6:38 PM:

Willon October 13, 2008 @ 7:21 PM:

Norton is on their way to becoming the next Kilgour. Any advertising supply house should have canvas bags that could be imprinted with the name of defunct tailor like Scholte, for a fraction of the $150 Norton is asking for their bag.

Patrick Granton October 14, 2008 @ 10:00 AM:

We apologise profusely for the high cost of the bags but to date they have all been made here in the workshop.