SIGNALS

• Doesn’t get more summerish than a pair of cutoffs | [The New York Times]
  • My new mixtape was designed for dive bar drinking. Especially the first song | [Muxtape]
  • Did I mention that I have a new site called The Material Review? | [TMR]
  • A look at Freeman Transport’s new Sherman Tank of a bicycle. That color is officially named “West Point” if you were curious | [Men.style.com] [Pictured]
  • Cy Young, Monty, Oxxford Clothes and a Land Rover. Behold the genius that is Grover’s Cleveland | [Grover’s Cleveland]

*A note to anyone that waited in line for more than 10 minutes to buy a new iPhone today. You are a fucking idiot.

Comments on “SIGNALS

jeremyon July 11, 2008 @ 10:03 AM:

the iphone comment just made my day.

Steveon July 11, 2008 @ 10:39 AM:

Nice muxtape mix. If you’re talking dive bars, you clearly have to be thinking jukebox as well – ideally, one somehow frozen in an era no later than 1975. There are a bunch of other songs that would round out that aesthetic, like “Brandy (You’re a fine girl)”; “Still in love” by Al Green; “Lay Lady Lay”; “Cigarettes and coffee” by Otis Redding, that kind of thing. A fitting soundtrack for staring at the cigarette burns in the linoleum tabletop.

Samon July 11, 2008 @ 11:56 AM:

I have some great photos of the line around the corner at the Prince Street Apple Store. You read my mind!!

chazon July 11, 2008 @ 1:59 PM:

Cigarettes and Coffee–great tune. Thanks for reminding me of that one.

josephon July 11, 2008 @ 6:27 PM:

I’m not trying to be all “first”, but I’ve been cutting off pants into shirts like that for a few years now.

It started when I was finding all these cool, cheap pants at thrifts that were all too short (I have a long inseam).

However I never left them frayed, I always (rather dorkily) cuffed and hemmed them.

Love the blog

TINTINon July 11, 2008 @ 8:48 PM:

Dennis Perrini is the shit, dude. Seriously, a fantastic photo of your uncle. Although, that pocket square looks like it’s trying break out. That’s the problem with pocket squares.

Knowing I’m much older than you – -I’ll cut you some slack on your White Boy, Wonder Bread, mix tape and compile for you what the real “Whiskey Tango” listens to in towns like, Fayettville, NC, Columbus, GA, Palatka, FL, El Paso, TX and Manassas, VA. All cultural low water marks with dentists as hard to find as jobs paying more than $5 an hour.

drinkinanddroninon July 11, 2008 @ 8:54 PM:

love the mix and the iphone comment. absolute shit as far as i’m concerned.

Michael Daddinoon July 11, 2008 @ 11:54 PM:

Mmm. Frankie Valli. Good times. The end of DJ Koze’s “Geklöppel B2” samples pretty much the entirety of song as used in The Deer Hunter to delightful effect.

Ha ha TINTIN, Perini is MY great-uncle! It’s one of the rare men’s style-related photos I’ve contributed to the ACL Flickr pool.

Michael Williamson July 12, 2008 @ 7:42 AM:

Whiskey Tango, I love it. TINTIN you never fail to amuse. Send me the link when you get your mix done and I will put it up.

joanna goddardon July 12, 2008 @ 11:00 AM:

that bike is great. too bad it would get stolen in 2.2 seconds.

man, i love your round-ups.

большая четверкаon July 15, 2008 @ 3:03 AM:

Cigarettes and Coffee–great tune. Thanks for reminding me of that one.